Eliminating fleas from the home takes more than just a special pet shampoo. If you’re fighting a flea infestation, it’s time to call in reinforcements. At Progressive Pest Control, we have plenty of experience infiltrating enemy lines to eliminate fleas at the source. You can make your pest treatment more effective by preparing the house for a flea treatment before we arrive.
How to Prepare for an In-Home Flea Treatment
- Investigate the source of the problem. Is your pet bringing home fleas from doggy daycare? Address the problem to prevent your pet from bringing pests home in the future.
- Treat each of your pets for fleas, even if they’re not all infested. If you only treat infested pets, the fleas will simply make a new home in the fur of the pets you don’t treat. If possible, treat your pets the day of your in-home flea treatment.
- Vacuum all carpeting, draperies, and upholstery, including between seat cushions and the areas underneath furniture. Throw away the vacuum cleaner bag when you’re done.
- Wash pet bedding (and your bedding, if your pets have bed privileges) in warm, soapy water.
- Sweep and mop non-carpeted areas of the house using hot, soapy water, paying special attention to areas your pets like to linger. Make sure you clean closets and baseboards. Flea eggs can fall off pets, reinfecting the house when they hatch.
- Remove pet food and water sources, pet beds, litter boxes, and toys. If possible, declutter the house so the technician can mist the flea treatment on more exposed flooring.
- Pack up the kids and pets and go somewhere fun. We recommend that no people or animals are on the property for at least two hours after treatment.
Ready to nix your flea problem once and for all? Call Progressive Pest Control for in-home flea treatments in Braselton.