“Spring cleaning” is such an old practice we don’t really know where it originated. What we do know is that when the weather warms up, people all over the world take time to clean their homes. It’s not just a good idea from a tidiness perspective–at Progressive Pest Control we know that a clean home helps prevent pest invasions! Here are our best spring cleaning tips for a tidier, pest-free home:
- First of all, don’t think you have to it all by yourself. Make a list of tasks and divvy them up between everyone who lives in the home. Even young kids can help sort out their toys or take folded clothing to the appropriate drawers.
- Declutter as you go. We all tend to collect a lot of things we don’t really need, use, or even want, especially after the winter holidays. Take some time to consider getting rid of clothes, toys, books, dishes, and tools you no longer need.
- Call Progressive Pest Control to schedule services before the bugs that are getting active outside come looking for space to hang out in your home.
- Don’t forget your home necessities: change air filters, check the batteries in the smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and have a look at your gutters.
- Finally, remember to take breaks! Try a 20/10 approach, and make sure to reward yourself and your family with treats when you’ve finished tasks.
A clean home is inviting for humans, but not for bugs. Remember, if you notice signs of an infestation while you’re cleaning, contact Progressive Pest Control!